Tārāpīṭh is a Hindu temple town near Rampurhat in Birbhum district of the Indian state of West Bengal, known for its Tantric temple and its adjoining cremation grounds where sādhanā are performed.
antiniketan is a small town near Bolpur in the Birbhum district of West Bengal, India, approximately 180 km north of Kolkata. It was established by Maharshi Devendranath Tagore, and later expanded by his son Rabindranath Tagore whose vision became what is now a university town, Visva-Bharati University.
Hotel In Tarapith - Yashoda International / Similar
Hotel In Santiniketan - Santiniketan Tourist Lodge (AC Dbl) / Similar
Early morning you will proceed to Tarapith, one of the famous pilgrim places of West Bengal. Enroute visit Bakreswar (Shiva) Temple, Ma Bhavatarini Temple and famous hot springs where you can take a bath in the mineral enriched water which is said to have several therapeutic effects. Later you will drive to Tarapith, regarded as one of the 52 Shakti Peethams of India devoted to Ma Tara (another form of Kali). It is a small temple town, known for its Tantric temple and its adjoining cremation (Maha Smashan) grounds where sadhana (tantric rituals) are performed. On arrival check into your hotel. Overnight stay at Tarapith.
Today early morning visit the Tantric Hindu Temple is dedicated to the goddess Tara, a fearsome Tantric aspect of the Devi, the chief temples of Shaktism. After breakfast check out from hotel & transfer to Shantiniketan. This place was founded in 1901 by Noble Laureate Shri. Rabindra Nath Tagore who visualized a perfect harmony of humanity with nature. Arrive & Check in at hotel. Afternoon visit Amar Kutir (Handicraft Center) near Kopai River & rest of the evening at leisure to enjoy the peace & serenity of this place. Overnight stay at Shantiniketan.
After breakfast visit, Visva - Bharati University Campus, the complex at "Uttarayan" (Udayan, Shyamali, Konarak, Udichi & Punaschha houses of Tagore), Art Gallery, Museum. Afternoon visit Khoai Hat near Sonajhuri forest to experience the tribes and their life, art, song and dance. Evening free at leisure Overnight stay at Shantiniketan.
Note: University and Uttarayan Complex remain closed on Wednesday (fullday) & Thursday (halfday)
In the morning after breakfast drive back to Kolkata with sweet memories to transfer to airport or railway station.
Note : It is advisable to arrive Kolkata one day earlier or reach by early morning flight/train latest by 08 AM to start your tour and book your departure train/flight during evening only after 6 PM.
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis.
- Meal Plan (as per mentioned above).
- Exclusive AC Vehicle for transfers & sightseeing as per Itinerary.
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- Rates are valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only.
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc. (to be borne by the client and directly payable on the spot).
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion.