Gangtok is the capital of the mountainous northern Indian state of Sikkim. Established as a Buddhist pilgrimage site in the 1840s, the city became capital of an independent monarchy after British rule ended, but joined India in 1975. Today, it remains a Tibetan Buddhist center and a base for hikers organizing permits and transport for treks through Sikkim’s Himalayan mountain ranges.
Lachung is a mountain village close to the Tibetan border, in the northeastern Indian state of Sikkim. It's divided by the Lachung River. The village is home to the 19th-century Buddhist Lachung Monastery, surrounded by apple orchards. Nearby, the Yumthang Valley's Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary protects many species of rhododendron. The valley is also known for its waterfalls, pine forests and hot springs.
Hotel In Gangtok - Irish Inn / Berries / Tibet Gallery (Veg) / Similar
Hotel In Lachung - Lachung Regency / Similar
Meet & Greet on arrival at NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport & transfer to Gangtok (5,500 ft.). On arrival Check-in to hotel & rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at Gangtok.
After breakfast start for an excursion to Tsomgo Lake (12,400 ft.) & Baba Mandir (13,200 ft.) which is 55 kms one way from Gangtok city. Overnight stay at Gangtok.
(In case of Land slide or any other reason Tsomgo Lake is closed we will provided alternate sightseeing.)
After breakfast check out from hotel with limited luggage and proceed to Lachung (8,700 ft.), North Sikkim. On the way take a break for some beautiful spots which are worth seeing and visiting like Naga Waterfall, The Confluence of Lachen Chu (River) & Lachung Chu (River) at Chungthang and Bhim Nala Waterfall. On arrival at Lachung check into your hotel. Dinner & Overnight stay at Lachung.
After breakfast proceed to Yumthang Valley which is known as Valley of Flowers (12,000 ft. Known as Valley of Flowers). On the way back, visit Hot Spring considered to have medicinal properties. Back to resort. Overnight stay at Lachung.
After breakfast proceed to Gangtok (5,500 ft.). On the way if the weather is clear you may get to see Mighty Khangchendzonga from Singhik view point. On arrival at Gangtok check-in to your hotel. Rest of the evening free for your own activities. Overnight stay at Gangtok.
After breakfast Check-out from hotel and take the departure transfer to NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport for your onward journey.
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis.
- Meal Plan (as per mentioned above).
- Exclusive Non-a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. Please brief to guest that vehicle will not be at disposal it will be available to guest as per itinerary only (point to point basis).
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- Rates are valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only.
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, joy ride (Toy Train), porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Room Heater Charges.
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion.
- GST would be extra.